Monday, May 10, 2010

The dish I got hooked to in Cancun- Creamy Guacamole

As mentioned earlier, I love Mexican food. So when the trip to Cancun came up six years ago, I was thrilled that I would get to taste some Authentic Mexican cuisine. I was happy with the variety of food and the spices that were used in them. But after four days of spicy food and the hot sun , my stomach longed for something soothing and smooth. Most of my last 6 meals in Cancun consisted of some Guacamole on the side. Guacamole is made from the flesh of avocado which many people avoid because of its high calorific content. But all the health benefits in avocado overshadow its high calories. When picking an avocado choose a dark one as you can scoop the flesh out easily. Serve it as a side with some tacos or fajitas. You can even serve it as a dip with any chips.

Ingredients:
2 avocados
Juice from 1 lime
2 green chilli peppers
A handful of cilantro leaves
2 cloves of garlic
Salt to taste

  • Slit the avocados along the middle and twist it to make it into two pieces.
  • Take the knife and hold the pith and twist it out.
  • Take a spoon and scoop out the avocado flesh.
  • Process the avocado flesh with all the other ingredients into a smooth paste.

Note: Store the guacamole covered with a plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Use it withing 48 hours and do not let it go black.

0 have added some spice: