Ingredients for the chicken sandwich
Ciabatta Bread- 2 big long ones cut into half
Boneless chicken - 4 pieces
Rosemary - 1 tbsp
Spinach (from a washed bag)- 2cups
White Mushrooms- 1 cup
Provolone cheese-4 slices
Butter- 4 tsp
Salt and pepper - to taste
Oil - to shallow fry
Ingredients for sweet potato fries
Sweet potato- 1 large
Chilli powder- 1tsp
Ground cumin- 1 tsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil - to deep fry
For the sandwich
- Wash the chicken pieces and marinate with salt, pepper and rosemary for 30 minutes.
- Wash the mushrooms and slice them.
- Slice the ciabatta bread length wise and apply the butter.
- Heat a griddle and toast the insides of the bread till they are golden brown.
- Heat some oil in the griddle and saute the mushrooms with salt and pepper,
- Heat some more oil in the griddle and brown the marinated chicken on both sides. Make sure they are fully cooked inside.
- Add a slice of provolone on top of the chicken breasts and shut the griddle and let the cheese melt on its own.
- On a bottom slice of the bread, arrange a bed of fresh green spinach and place the chicken with cheese on it. Top it with the sauted mushrooms and the top of the bread.
- Peel the sweet potato and slice it in fry size pieces.
- Add salt, pepper , chilli powder and cumin and mix it with your hands.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the sweet potato till they turn a little brown and crunchy.
PS: It has been a while that I have updated this blog. This is not a new year resolution but I will be posting a bit more frequently. I am hoping to become a regular here if I can get away from chauffeuring and number crunching.