- Cherry tomatoes - a handful
- Basil leaves- 1 small branch
- Mozzarella cheese balls- 15-20
- Olive oil- 1/2 cup
- French baguette bread- 1
- Garlic- 1 clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the bruschetta
- Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Apply olive oil to the bread and place it on a baking sheet.
- Bake the bread for 5 minutes till it turns a bit crisp.
- Meanwhile chop the basil, slice the tomatoes and mozzarella balls into halves.
- Combine the rest of the olive oil, basil , mozzarella, tomatoes , salt and pepper.
- Take the bread out of the oven and rub them with the garlic clove on both sides.
- Top the bread with the salad.
- Put the bread back in the oven for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.