Friday, February 5, 2010

Prepping for SuperBowl Party-Dip in to a Mexican taste!

I am an ad fanatic and hence Super Bowl night supersedes Oscar night.In between watching the new ads and eyeing the cute Peyton Manning, I will not have much time to run around getting the food ready for the Super Bowl party for the family. Next week I will be featuring various quick dips and munchies that can be made ahead and sets the tone for a great appetizer party.

I came across this quick dip in one of my daughter's classroom parties and it takes only 5 minutes to make and present it. It is a Mexican Dip which you can serve with store bought or home made tortilla chips. I usually serve it with home made Naan chips ( recipe later).Today I decided to serve it with Wheat Thins to just keep in with a "healthy" theme of Wear Red Day.
Ingredients
1 box of Fat Free Cream Cheese( 8 oz)
1 box of Fat Free Sour Cream( 16 oz)
1 package(1.5 oz) Taco Seasoning( Use mild or medium based on your taste)
Chopped peppers and tomatoes to garnish
  1. In a food processor, combine cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning until they are well blended.
  2. Pour it in a bowl and garnish it with chopped peppers and tomatoes and serve it with your favorite chips.

Wasn't that so easy? It serves as a great appetizer for any party. I always have the bowl all clean by the end of any party. Here's a sneak peek of the recipes that are coming up- authentic hummus with pita chips, Naan chips, paneer poppers with spicy tomato chutney and chocolate covered strawberries.

0 have added some spice: